Tuesday, June 14, 2011

farmers markets!

today i took a trip to a market to see what all the hubbub was about...and left with tons of lovely produce for CHEAP! quite exciting. $2 for 6 orange and red bell peppers. $1 for 5 guavas (my splurge, ha!). $1 for 4 lovely limes. $2 for 6 huge apricots. 50 cents for a huge chunk of ginger root. $7 for 2 pounds of local cherries (ok, my second splurge!) and then of course i had to get some pastries...apple danish (already devoured) and a sticky bun (for tomorrow). my fridge looks absolutely fantastical. then i found a korean restaurant about 15 minutes away from my apartment! and i ate there! i had squid! it was GLORIOUS!!! so yeah, things are looking a bit better these days.

so far i've unpacked my kitchen and my bathroom. everything else is pretty much still boxed, but i've arranged everything to where it doesn't seem so train-wrecky. i bought some plants to decorate my kitchen...lemon balm, rosemary, and basil. i also got a serrano pepper plant and a bell pepper plant for the outside. and now i have to make myself not buy any more plants.

tonight i have plans to go to the ymca for a yoga class. i went and got my own yoga mat today too, because i checked out the mats they had and they were kind of grody. plus then i can do some good yoga at home without sliding around on the tile floor.

still learning about IV fluids. i'm getting a bit nervous about starting everything...i start off doing a general surgery month for the underinsured, yay! but i'm the only intern who hasn't done a prelim year, so i just feel so far behind. it will work out of course, and i'm going to be studying and learning. but still, aaaack!

and i can read my own ppd now because i'm a DOCTOR. isn't that crazy?

2 comments:

Red Stethoscope said...

Lol to being able to read your own PPD. Unanticipated benefits...woot! :)

That farmer's market sounds amazing. Good find!

Solitary Diner said...

I love farmers' markets. Sounds so tasty!