Saturday, June 19, 2010

it's all done!

as you may have noticed, i played around with the new design templates. all i can say is, TOO MANY CHOICES! haha...well, i hope you like this one, but who knows, i may change it again.

test was long. of course, the super fast classmate was done while i was in the middle of my 4th block. ha. i started a little before 9 and finished around 5:30. i took all of the hour for the block...i was able to finish with about 10 minutes left, but then i'd go back and think about my marked questions. questions were long, but expected. of course, there were a few that i was like WTF but you have to expect that. for the most part i felt prepared. i also felt like there was this vast amount of knowledge i know that wasn't tested upon, but that's part of the silly game as well. but it did seem like i had a large number of A) variations on a woman feels a breast lump, WHAT DO YOU DO NEXT, B) OMG I'M PREGNANT AND THIS IS GOING ON NOW, C) super nasty photos. examples? HUUUUGE nasty vulva, spread eagle. i was like, that's a sad vagina. huge diabetic foot ulcers, complete with drippies.

i had taken my aleve, so i didn't get the super pounding headache of step 1. i just had a minor headache instead. about 6 blocks in though, i had a case of the GET ME OUT OF HERE. i felt like i had good concentration, but then it definitely started to wane. alas.

and this year when i finished it was like "thank God, now i can get OUTTA HERE!" and then i got in my car, turned on NPR and just drove. i was in a "meh" state of mind. well, not totally "meh", i was really looking forward to getting to eat some damn fine food! compare it to last year, when i left the test i got in my car and just started crying. why was i crying? probably a combo of the monster headache, sheer exhaustion, and that "oh crap" feeling. so i think my immediate post-test emotions means that i probably did better this year? let's hope so.

last night H took me out to a lovely restaurant in town where we had delicious food and i ordered a drink that was probably a bit too strong for a half-asian gal not accustomed to heavy drinking. the pasta i had was delicious, and i was looking forward to eating it again today, but both of our parents are demanding that they see us "before we go on our trip" for both lunch and dinner, so it looks like i can't eat my leftovers. but K will enjoy them...ha. she is house-sitting for me so my plants don't die. but a few of them are actively dying, but whatever. it's beside the point.

so now i'm trying to not be overwhelmed at the amount of packing i need to do today, since i have done ZERO, and now i have all these things that i wasn't planning on doing that i have to do today. i need to run by the bank. i need to get a small notebook of sorts so i can start jotting down ideas for my personal statement. laundry? i should workout too, since i haven't in a while. we'll only be gone a week, and i love to wear the same thing every day, so i'm not too concerned about that. it's all the other crap. and i'm just going to take my backpack, no check-ins. so that means pack smartly, which my brain is not capable of being smart today.

i get my score back supposedly in 4-6 weeks. i hope i did well...my goal is to have made a substantial improvement on my step 1 score. oh yeah, my meeting with surgery VIP went well. i'm so excited to get back to work and work hard and learn a lot.

so, until next time! good luck to all my friends that have yet to take step 2...you'll do great. the experience for me was SO much better than last year, i'm sure it will be for you too.

3 comments:

kris said...

Congrats on completing Step 2 ! Also, I didn't know you were half-Asian. :-) If you don't mind, what's your Asian half ? I'm half Chinese myself.

Sorry if this was really random !

chasingzebras said...

Congrats!!! I'm so jealous that you're finished. Your review sounds similar to everyone else's. I'm dreading those last 3 hours...

Have fun in Honduras!!!

Veggielady4life said...

Congratulations! So exciting to be finished... I'm jealous!