- ex lap ex lap ex lap! (exploring inside someone's belly.)
- attempted to do laparoscopic cholecystectomy on a morbidly obese patient, have to convert to open, and yours truly retracts the abdomen UP for a long time...tiring! patient is doing well though, yay!
- saw someone's spleen get emergently cut out...those silly spleens do a lot of damage when they got a hole in them...
- learned that too much tylenol = super bad liver failure
- also learned that gauze directly applied to small intestines and allowed to harden is a bad bad thing...not something i did, but witnessed the aftermath...
- had a pt yell at me because he didn't want to see a med student...then called local "hotshot" lawyer with ads on every street corner in town on us! attending chewed out pt for him being rude to me. it was awesome. will i go to court? the pt has no case. who knows! hahaha...crazy people
- had a pt refer to his foley as his "pee pee cup". interesting. he crazy too.
- oh yeah, and another pt stopped bleeding with flour. FLOUR. F. L. O. U. R. like from the kitchen. why not a bandaid? he said the flour worked better. did not ask if it was AP vs. self-rising...
currently on call. may the call gods be nice tonight...so far i've gotten to sew up a scalp laceration in the ER. pretty intense when you got the family watching, ha. it was all good in the end.
and now i will sleep. cardinal rule of being on call is sleep when you can. and i got a shower in already. yay! chao chao!