this year i am expected to:
- figure out what i want to do for the rest of my life
- somehow pass and superbly ace the STEP 2 exam so i can at least have a shot at getting into a decent residency
- fly on multiple planes and interview/suck up to strangers as to allow me to be favorably ranked
- hopefully go to SPAIN! this summer
- run a 5k with K (i totally am stealing/copying her new year's resolution)
it's kind of daunting when i think about it. but i learned a lot about myself in 2009:
- i can survive the first 2 years of med school
- i passed STEP 1 so at least i know that that i meet the bare minimum competency requirement of becoming a doctor (so far)
- i'm a good M3 student...gotten great remarks thus far
- i like surgery type things, and i may not be a pediatrician after all
- people can be assholes at conferences and try to call you out while you give your presentation, but eh, what can you say. i stayed in that fancy hotel for free and got to have a nice vacation with H otherwise...
- and much much more...
happy 2010 everyone!