- woke up at 4:00 am. wednesdays are special.
- went to the hospital and found out one of my patients died over the night. which was not unexpected. which was sad because i predicted he was probably going to pass away last night, and he did.
- stuck my finger in two different butt holes. gotta love the rectal exams!
- saw 3 colonoscopies.
- passed up the chance to scrub into an EVAR (endoscopic abdominal aortic aneurysm repair) since i have scrubbed TWO OPEN AAA REPAIRS THIS WEEK. oh yeah, i don't think i want to be a vascular surgeon, ha. too much squirty blood.
- ate some good lunch. and peach cobbler. oh yeah.
- realized that my gastritis/ulcer/whateverthehellitis is starting to act up again. need to buy some PPI to fix that stat.
- scrubbed in a laparoscopic gastrojejunostomy and got to DRIVE THE CAMERA! and i didn't get told that i sucked or anything, so maybe i did a good job? it was fun! i'm glad i played all those video games growing up.
- got to put down some bandaids on a patient, got overly excited (because i got to do something finally) and the resident laughed a lot.
- left the hospital after being there 13 hours. THIRTEEN! there went my gym time. (i'll go tomorrow, no big deal.)
- came home and ate some curry chicken with H. yums.
i'm so excited about his weekend...i have the whole weekend OFF! and my school is having a kick ass party on friday with awesome music and good beer. gotta love music and beer. especially after a hard week. but i don't care if the week is hard. i'm telling all the residents and attendings that i really enjoy surgery and that i'm seriously considering it as a career, and so far i've gotten good feedback. this week i got an eval back from my last 2 week rotation and the surgeon commented that i had "good surgical skills". that made me so happy! and i don't care if it's a generic comment, i'm just happy that someone noted that about me.
oh yeah, and i need to put my date down for step 2 CK. i've got my permit, just got to schedule it and start studying like a mofo. i wanna get a 300! hahahaha, i kid i kid. but seriously, i have to do well. for reals.
alright, time to go to bed before i say something weird, but i guess it's too late for that. night!