Tuesday, June 23, 2009

infectious diseases, or maybe not so infectious?

so now i've been on ID for 2 days...and let me say...i wish i were still on neurology!

don't get me wrong, it's been interesting seeing patients in the various clinics. i've seen patients with HIV, osteomyelitis, and hepatitis C. pretty cookie-cutter stuff. it seems like most of the treatment plans follow standard algorithms. i signed up for this rotation because i thought it would be good to get to see patients that i really haven't been able to see yet, plus i would learn some useful things. but honestly, i'd rather be doing something else.

it's all part of the process. i enjoy clinic, but i also enjoy consults. i like to get in on the action, but then i like to just step back as well. alas...this blog is here to help me sort all my thoughts. i would be very surprised to see myself as an ID doctor...it's just not going to happen! but i am learning very useful things that i can apply to my future patients...

ok, going to do some reading and then repot my plants...they are growing so well!

2 comments:

janae' said...

woo plants!!!

chasingzebras said...

it was good to see you too! i think we need a beach repeat and some yaki-mandu STAT ~ cuz it's my heritage y'all!