Wednesday, May 13, 2009

step 1 study: day 14

this is harder than i could have ever imagined.

i took another practice yesterday, and only scored 2 points higher than last time. i was a bit bummed because i was wanting a higher jump than that. alas. but then i analyzed my "performance bar graph" and it showed vast improvement in the areas that i've already studied. and it also showed EEK! for the areas that i have yet to get to. so that in itself was encouraging...at least what i've intensely gone through has improved. and i should get through the rest of the organ systems by sunday. then i have 1 full week for bugs and drugs and review, and then the weekend and few days before the real step i can just read through first aid all over again and QUESTIONS.

last night i had a mini-freak out, alas. seriously, the test is 2 weeks away from TODAY. i cannot afford to not do well! aak.

today is renal and then more biochem. i couldn't stomach all of biochem yesterday. alas.

oh, and i'm in the market for a PDA. i don't want a smartphone because i treat my phones like crap. if anyone has any suggestions, holla. i think i'm looking at one of the HP models...

4 comments:

bodkin14 said...

Sounds like you're kicking butt frylime. All I can say is keep it up! If I had study habits like yours I wouldn't be going back to school to get my gpa up. hahah

Good luck!!

allison said...

This should make you feel better - after I did my little practice test that the school provides, I looked at the bars and the ones that were the WORST were the subjects I had already studied!!! So does that mean I'm making my score go down by studying? Should I quit now? Ha ha. We'll get through this.

Jeremy said...

At least you are making some kind of progress. I put away all of my calendars so I don't constantly get reminded that I'm under two weeks away. It works.
Oh, you should check out palmdoc.net. It has some info about pda's for medicine. Most of it is for practicing physicians, but I found it helpful. I'm going with the ipod touch. I've been playing around with it and it should work well to cut down on pocket clutter.

OleMissBabyDoc said...

Sounds like you are making some awesome progress in what you've studied already. Get through the rest of it and you will be golden :)

Take a break for Grey's Anatomy tonight!