Tuesday, September 30, 2008

some housekeeping

a few days ago i got a comment that goes something like this:

Hi,
I think your blog is terrific, and I would like to feature you on Wellsphere (http://www.wellsphere.com). Would you drop me an email?
Good health!
Geoff
--
Geoffrey W. Rutledge, MD, PhD
http://medblog.wellsphere.com

turns out, i'm not super special. this is a stock comment this person (or robot, perhaps?) has put on multiple health related blogs. grrr! haha, oh well, doesn't bother me. i did some google searching and turns out it's kind of scam-ish...this person wants you to allow him/her to put your blog on his/her site for free. free as in "we won't pay you". i say screw that! there are claims of "increased traffic" to your site. well, not many folks read my little bloggy, and it doesn't really bother me. this blog is for my sanity, first and foremost, not to gain notariety and internet prestige. so to borrow some words from sarah palin, "thanks but no thanks!"

i will say that the comment roused some fears in my brain, so i've updated/made more visible some copyright statements and HIPAA stuffs on the right hand side of the blog. technically, you don't have to claim copyright on stuff that is your personal thoughts because it's already implied...BUT i just wanted to cover my bases. you know how that goes. if anyone sees content from my blog anywhere else on the interwebz without an obvious "this came from frylime's blog" statement, then it was stolen and that will make frylime very unhappy. i can very much unleash my half asian "angry asian" qualities...don't make me do it! (a side note: the laid back white half of me keeps the angry asian half at bay...haha.)

in school news, i have finally finished creating my adrenergic and cholinergic pharm flash cards. now i got to start working on GI and asthma drug cards, and then also some micro cards as well. and after creating them, i've actually got to start USING them! haha, so much work! the next few weeks before the next test block will be very busy. a snapshot of what i'm learning at the moment:
  • path - red and white blood cell disorders (ex: anemias, leukemias, etc)
  • pharm - PNS (peripheral nervous system), GI stuff, asthma
  • micro - intro to bugs! i think we're starting bug types this week...
  • genetics - had a lipid lecture
  • ICM - lots of ophtho...lots of yucky eyeballs. i HATE watching eyeball surgery! though yesterday i did learn how to wield an ophthalmoscope. woo!
have a great day folks! toodles!

No comments: