Tuesday, September 16, 2008

flash cards, the beginning

so i've managed to finish writing up ~40 flash cards for the anti-cholinergic drugs. the unlined side says the drug name, and the lined side says the class, the receptors targeted, the therapy, and other comments the professor deemed important. for the next 2 weeks in pharm, we have "independent study". the prof said "don't read the book, read and learn what i give you", which will be interesting. i'm just glad i finished my first set of note cards. i'm wondering if each "broad class" should have a different color ink, or if i should be crazy and do them all in my trusty black ink pilot pen. (just for the record, my FAVORITE PENS EVER are the pilot precise V5 extra fine black pens. i love them in all colors, but my preferred pen is the black ink one. next would be green, then blue, then purple, then red. red is the hardest to read, especially on yellow legal pad paper, in my opinion. and they have to be extra fine tip. don't try to fool me with any other pen tip except for the extra fine. i will not be happy.)

today i also red the section in robbin's concerning the "red blood cell diseases". it was an interesting section, and i felt that i really understood it. the lecturer for the segment did a great job, and so my reading went very well.

all my test grades are NOT BACK YET. i am angered!

oh, also, i finally joined the technology bandwagon and got text messaging capacity on my cell phone. i'm 23 and just got text. oh me oh my! (i only got voicemail my senior year of college because my friends were angry with me.) i got text added today because i was tired of my friends getting angry at me still, and also tired of having to borrow other people's cell phones to text people. also also i was tired of getting texts from other people that i couldn't answer immediately due to being in a situation where jabbering on the cell phone would be highly frowned upon. and then there's the people who got mad at me for calling them back after they texted me. in addition, there are certain times when a one or two word text is all you need to say, and rather waste your minutes (or their minutes) explaining something, a simple text would have been sufficient. for example:

friend: (texts) want to do lunch later

me: (calls) HEY I JUST GOT YOUR TEXT. YOU WANT TO DO LUNCH? OH WAIT, AM I INTERRUPTING SOMETHING? OH YOU WERE IN A MEETING? OH YOU'RE IN THE MEETING. I'M SORRY FOR INTERRUPTING. ARE YOU GETTING IN TROUBLE? NO? OK. LUNCH WHERE? WHEN? BUT WE ATE THERE THE OTHER DAY! and so on and so forth...

***

the scenario could have been:

friend: (texts) want to do lunch later

me: (texts) sure. secret location at noon.

***

yeah, i'm so glad i got text messaging. and thank goodness for flashcards!

1 comment:

janae' said...

i'm glad you got text messaging, too... ;) yay!