Sunday, June 15, 2008

halfway point...

2 more weeks to go! i can't wait to get out of the dorm...ugh. there's nothing like a visit from someone from home to make you just really want to get back to normalcy. and seriously, these mockingbirds need to just disappear. aaaaaah!

today i made a ham and cheese grilled sandwich and promptly smoked out my dorm. alas. i just can't wait to cook normally again! i mean, i like the mini kitchen, but mini kitchen is starting to not do it for me...

i also found a new coffee shop that i think i'll frequent a lot in my remaining time here. med students are ALWAYS on the lookout for that perfect locale...the mix of slightly hip ambiance, free wifi, good coffee, and not loud people yapping on cell phones. this place has it all!

and just ponder this...deep fried hard-boiled eggs. i saw this recipe (if you can call it edible) in a cookbook this weekend and i wanted to gag.

5 comments:

EE said...

That is GROSS.

TheMemoirist said...

hmm... deep fried, hard boiled eggs... that's a lot of modification. can you even call it an egg anymore after that point? regardless, I'm intrigued. Care to post the recipe? I've been thinking about giving myself a heart attack, and I think that might just do the trick.

Janae' said...

They have Scotch eggs at my most fav bar... ;) Those are fried whole boiled eggs, too... I've never eaten one, but I hear they taste like manliness... haha! Heart attack in a food basket... :)

I found this online:
This recipe makes 6 Scotch eggs.

6 hard-cooked eggs, well chilled
1 pound breakfast sausage
1/2 cup flour
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup fine bread crumbs
Vegetable oil for frying

Peel eggs and set aside. Divide sausage into 6 portions. Roll each egg in flour and with hands press a portion of the sausage around each egg.

Dip sausage-wrapped eggs into beaten eggs and roll in bread crumbs. Heat vegetable oil to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

Cook each egg in oil about 4-5 minutes or until sausage is cooked and browned. Drain on paper toweling. Serve warm.

yum! hahaha...

frylime said...

well...i can understand scotch eggs because they cover it in sausage and whatnot...for some reason that is more "acceptable" to me.

but the deep fried hard boiled eggs, i think they're also called "son-in-law" eggs or something. the look of those freaked me out! no protective sausage layering before the fry! aaah!

janae' said...

okay, yeah.... plain fried boiled eggs does sound pretty disgusting... ick!