Wednesday, June 04, 2008

brains are stinky...

just wanted to let my faithful readers out there know that i am alive and doing well in my neuro class. we got a small group, but i knew a few people there already and have made a good new friend. the lectures and the labs so far are great, and it makes me wonder if my school couldn't adopt a new or "updated" teaching style. maybe i like it because since i've seen it before, i'm picking it up quickly, but at the same time, i like these people's teaching styles a bit better than some of the ones from home.

i'm living on campus at the moment, but i have a kitchenette so i can still cook yummy things...like tonight i made some fabulous fried rice. it had cubed turkey breast (the turkey breast was cheaper than chicken breast!), baby bella mushrooms, onion, green bell pepper, and a whole slew of spices. i also got this chili garlic sauce from the asian grocery a while back and it was SO good. i also got gym access today and that is nice. i've also been biking to class, so hopefully my quads will get even more gorgeous by the end of the month!

so yeah, so far so good. my first test is a week from tomorrow, and i am aiming to do well on it. my classmates are all pretty cool, and the professors are nice, and the subject matter hasn't worn me out yet. i do miss my friends at home and H's cooking, but alas...this is my time to rectify my past error so i shouldn't complain too much...

so now i shall study some neuro blood supply...woo PICA!

2 comments:

jimgrandad said...

That's really great that everything's working out so well. We'll miss you too and we'll be thinking about you. Best of luck!

Dragonfly said...

My personal favourite brain vessel was the labyrinthine...but PICA is ok I guess. Brains do stink though.