Tuesday, July 31, 2007

work, blood phobias, and hawaiian punch

work is going along well...i definitely have the work version of "senioritis" today, but surprisingly, i've had to go hard at work! aaah! today my boss told me what i great worker i am, and that really made me happy. and one of my coworkers told me how much she was going to miss me (we work really close together) and that she was giving me a "see you later" present since she didn't believe in "goodbyes". so nice. oh, and my boss basically promised me the summer student position in the cath lab, and that would constitute helping set up for cases, learning how to scrub in, and possibly assisting. it would definitely involve doctors "pimping" me, but that would be a very nice job because it would be very hands-on, i would know everyone and be very comfortable with the place, and it would help me overcome my blood phobia! ooh, and i could possibly get my benefits back, because by then i'll be on the prowl for new health insurance...hmmm...

which that brings me to my next topic...yesterday H cut his ankle and there was just blood coming out like a gusher! aaaak! i would put pressure on it, and it still would gush, and only when he laid down and elevated his ankle did it finally stop. the whole time i thought i was going to cry or puke or something because it was blood and eeew blood is gross. H, however, was just fine, and i think he enjoyed my ninja turtle bandaid, but maybe he was just humoring me. but see? i have weird relationship with blood, and i just hate it! like, i'll deal with blood and whatnot, but i won't like it. i just don't. it's like fluids being sucked out of your body...suddenly i'm reminded of dr. strangelove...

and then hawaiian punch. anyone close to me knows that i have a fear of high fructose corn syrup. it is evil and horrible and should be banished to the far reaches of space. however, whenever i get an "express meal" at work, a 20 oz fountain drink is included, and me wanting to get the full benefit of my money, get the drink. and i know that they all have HFCS in every drink they have, and i cringe whenever i do it, but i always go for the hawaiian punch. the freaky deaky HFCS laden red as blood hawaiian punch. i swear, i don't understand myself. i try to console myself by saying it's uncarbonated, so my muscles aren't getting eaten away by the bubbles, or that it's uncaffeinated, so that my daily coffee habit doesn't get jealous, but alas...i cannot escape the fact that HFCS is lurking in my sugary hawaiian punch, and for that i am a horrible person. and who knows what it's doing to my teeth!!! aaah! i can feel my enamel screaming in pain now...

and a school note...we got academic calendars emailed to us today, and it kind of made me sad when i was transferring all the dates into my planner. at least we get "study days", which will probably prove to be a great thing. but goodbye to all the random road trips and free evenings. blah. at least i know i have a job waiting for me next summer, and that's one less thing to worry about.

No comments: