Thursday, June 07, 2007

first glimpse of the new class

today was a good day...went to work for 1/2 the day and then headed over to the school for a lunch and orientation of the free clinic that the students run. got my first looks at the newcomers and saw some "old" folks that i knew from last year. fun, exciting, and kind of awkward to see everyone. i also wore a nametag: "frylime, m1". sort of weird. and i've already been lambasted by a few of the newbies asking me all sorts of questions like "how much will i have to study", etc etc, and honestly, i will NOT have people who stress me out get the better of me. not everyone gets a second chance at med school, especially since not very many people get the first chance in the first place. so i won't be having annoying people stress me out. period. but i've already met up with some cool laid-back chill people that i know will be fun to hang out with, and since i know a few versus ONE from last year, i think this year will be better already! oh, and it was really apparent who was "older/mature" vs. the "spring chickens/immature" people. aack. i hope that i wasn't an especially freaky immature person last year, but a part of me doesn't think i was at all, since i didn't compare my undergrad grades to everybody else's or try to one-up others by bragging too damn much about my life. nah...this year is going to be GREAT and i will make good grades because of my PASS M1 YEAR PLAN IN THE TOP 50% OF THE CLASS. hahahaha...

oh, and free clinic was good. i take a really great blood pressure reading, and i didn't pass out when i watched someone give blood.

2 comments:

EVY said...

When's the first day of class?

frylime said...

august 7