Sunday, May 27, 2007

little brother graduation

my younger brother graduated from high school on friday, and today was the church "memorial" type service. aaw, all grown up. he got STAR student and salutatorian just like his big sister. how cute! he'll also be going to my alma mater, getting a degree in engineering (not chemical like me, but *gasp* GENERAL), honors college, and maybe med school just like me! i say he had a good role model to look up at, my dad claims we just had good coaching...

another thing, my brother and i are all quite a bit older than our cousins, so whenever we're out and the cousins are around, people assume that the cousins are MY kids. i don't think so! just because we all have a touch of asian doesn't mean that i've birthed all of them. please. at the church line-up today someone thought the cousins were my kids (more than once), and the kicker...someone thought i was my BROTHER'S mom. i had to seriously correct that. i remember once a few years ago folks thought that me and him were boyfriend/girlfriend, and that really grossed me out. i'm only 22, he's 18, and no, i don't have 2 kids that are 5 and 8 years old.

so now i'm just sitting around at my parents' house watching the indy 500. i took off work tomorrow, but i *might* go for an hour or two, but i probably won't. in the meantime, i've been researching eye disorders/malformations. oh, and my newest "i want to be a _____ doctor" is emergency physician. let's see how that obsession pans out...