Tuesday, December 12, 2006

interesting times...

as of yesterday, i am officially on leave from school. the stress, the work, always feeling like i'm catching up rather than staying on top, etc, all contributed to it. and when the administration says "let's do this", hey, i jumped at the chance and all is well! all my friends, family, everyone, is being quite supportive, and i don't regret not being in school right now. after all, i am going to go back to be in next year's class. class of 2011. interesting. and since i skipped a grade in elementary school, it's like i'm going back to normal. and now i can say i'm red-shirting med school...AWESOME!

so my faithful readers, don't fret. this is a good opportunity for me to chill out and do something different. i'm thinking maybe i could do a EMT boot camp, or get trained as a phlebotomist, or something. and i'm going to read a lot! so if anybody has any books to recommend...i'm listening!

oh, and i'm still going to blog every so often. and after my new christmas present (i think i'm getting a camera!) i shall start up another blog, possibly one to highlight my experiments in the culinary realm...

5 comments:

walter said...

Do you prefer fiction or non-fiction?

frylime said...

now since i have time to be fanciful and imaginative...how about fiction! though if it's really awesome/amazing non-fiction, i'll consider it.

Evy said...

wow, that's big news. I'm going to have to read over your blog for instances of foreshadowing. Well, I did the same thing .. started grad school and then decided to press pause. I recommend: a recent read, "Inside Delta Force," and what I read just before coming here, "39 Views of Mt Fuji" - you can borrow my copy. Both are non-fiction but very enthralling and quickly digestible. Enjoy.

frylime said...

hahaha, evy, you are SUCH an english person! tell me what you find for foreshadowing, i tried to stay as positive as i could...

i might go by the library and see if they have those books, i have a few fiction books that i'm going to start reading soon...

College said...

Hey Frylime,

Just read your post and I am thinking about going to medical school. This definitely gives me pause to think about whether it is the right step. So glad you had the courage to know when you needed to stop. I wrote this article about finding the meaning in life: what do you think: http://collegeperfection.com/finding-a-career-the-holy-trinity#more-26