Monday, December 04, 2006

the end of gross...

wow! i just discovered that another blog has linked my blog to theirs! that's the first linkage that i know about, and that makes me happy!

in other news...

so today we had our last gross anatomy test, and tomorrow will be the board exam. guess who's probably going to take summer school gross anatomy? me! but all is well. me and gross, well, we just had an awkward time. we still like each other, just need a break. how can i explain? let's see...it's sort of like that first awkward junior high/high school relationship. me and gross. we thought we were soulmates! we went to all the football games together, held hands on the school bus, and wrote long notes to each other that were intricately folded into weird shapes. *le sigh* but eh, in reality we knew it wasn't going to go anywhere. fast forward a few years, let's say after college, where the awkward growing pains have been remolded to responsible productive adults. (did that make sense?) me and gross see each other again, let's say at an art museum or some trendy coffee shop. we realize we have so much more in common now, and decide to see each other again "for old time's sake", and BAM! whaddayaknow...soon we're inseparable, in love, and blah blah all that sappy stuff.

so yeah, does that analogy make sense? so hey, if me and gross don't get along now, then it just wasn't our time. and that's ok. at least now i know what i'm going to do this summer.

in other news, my life will turn to the world of biochemistry soon. and that's ok. i need some sort of change.

and i had impromptu ice cream today with a special person. coffee for me, blueberry for him. that made my "hiatus" with gross just a little bit better to deal with.

on to board review...

4 comments:

huitzilopochtli said...

why dont you post the frickin link to that blog?

frylime said...

you're so mean!

Anonymous said...

Heck, yeah! I think you mean me. It's my way of showing support for the whole med school experience. I think it's fantastic that you're keeping a blog. Im enjoying it. Thanks for reading ours! - E

walter said...

where did you get ice cream? and was it coffee flavored or actual coffee?