Thursday, August 03, 2006

welcome friends and strangers...

on tuesday i begin the 4 (maybe more? haven't decided yet...) year journey of medical school and the great beyond. at the request of some of my friends (and because i'm an exhibitionist at heart) i will chronicle the events of the happenings the best i can. and what better way than the lovely internet? exactly.

in this blog i will rant and rave, recant funny stories, maybe give advice, and most likely be as politically-incorrect as possible. i'll probably use some bad words too. should be fun. yay! i hope that my friends enjoy it, and i hope that any random passers-by (check out my wonderful grammar!) will too. feel free to comment all you like. feed my nasty habits...

so i haven't started school yet. i'm still unloading boxes in my new apartment. orientation is tuesday. we are to be dressed "professionally" (for security badge photos). white coat ceremony is on thursday and is "closed", which means nobody can come to see it, which is stupid because why do i want to see random people get a white coat? i want my family and friends to see me. but oh well...it will cut back on all the annoying after-white-coating pictures. i hear a rumor that our m1/m2 buddy "party" will consist of watching a baseball game. gar!!! but hey...i'm all for meeting new people, so i think it should be fun. it's like one huge sociology experiment...

i'm a little nervous with all the info i'll have to cram into my poor brain. as the famous tim gunn says, i'll "make it work" and hopefully "pull it together" before i screw up anybody. hahaha..."hopefully" is the key word. i also hope i meet some cool folks that aren't too gunner-ish because those types of folks just grate my nerves.

aaaw...one of my good friends just im'ed me and said "i'm no longer a gambling virgin!". gah...i miss my friends already!

ok...my brain is hurting and i must sleep. valete!

1 comment:

Tiff-Tiff said...

Yay Emily!!! Sounds interesting. . I'm gonna stalk your blog like I do with Xanga. . ha ha. Yay for med school!
We rock! Sucks that the white coat ceremony is closed. . but oh well. You'll have to keep me posted, even though I'm sure we'll both be busy, busy, busy. .

Hee hee. . I'm the first to comment :-)
Hugs!
Tiff-Tiff (a friend, not a stranger :-)